praying over a box of food

Local Outreach

Local Outreach

Local Outreach

Slider

We are the hands and feet of our Living God by helping to provide for those in need through our partnerships, food drives and service. Deuteronomy 15:11

• 1 in 5 Arizonans (including 1 in 4 children) live in poverty – ranking Arizona 49th out of 50 states (2010 U.S. Census Bureau report).
• 1 in 4 children under 18 in Arizona are struggling with hunger – ranking Arizona 48th (2010 Feeding America report).
• 1 in 3 Arizonans are considered “working poor” living at or below 185% Federal Poverty Level.

Living Word is partnering with local food banks and missions here in the valley to help combat this growing problem. One local mission we are working with serves nearly 8,000 meals a week! To keep up with this tremendous need it takes resources and time from volunteers across the Valley. You can truly be a blessing to the hurting and homeless by donating items and time.


School of Witnessing

Sundays at 10:30am in Room C7 starting August 6. This 4-week class is designed to give you sound principles that will help you become effective fishers of men. We want to empower you to confidently share your faith both on an individual and a corporate level

August

United Food Bank

United Food Bank
Thursday, August 10, 7:30am – 10am
Join LWBC Local Outreach at the East Valley Adult Resource center to help United Food Bank unpack truck of groceries and distribute.

volunteers

Phoenix Rescue Mission
Thursday, August 17, 11am – 1pm
We will meet at Living Word Mesa: 3520 E Brown Rd. Mesa AZ 85213 at 10am.
If you would like to drive on your own please meet us at the Mission: 1801 S. 35th Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85009. When entering the gate, sign in as volunteer for Living Word Bible Church.

Department of Child Services

Department of Child Services Helping Hands
Saturday, August 19, 10am – 12pm
Join us as we bring out hearts and our hands to help brighten up the environment at Arizona DCS intake locations. What do we do? Clean the rooms where the children play, remove and replace toys when appropriate. We are excited to continue to serve some of the 21,000 plus children in the State of Arizona.

Location: 1201 South Alma School Road, Mesa AZ 85210

food items

3rd Weekend Food Drive
August 19-20
All food goes to LOCAL programs that not only feed the homeless, but assist families and the elderly that are Food Insecure. It would be such a blessing for any of you to help out and bring even 1 non-perishable item to the church. Proteins are highly desirable such as canned tuna, chicken, beans, chili, stew, soup, etc. Together we can make a difference!

volunteers preparing sack lunches

Sandwiches for the Homeless
Wednesday, August 23, 6pm – 7pm
We will assemble 300 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the homeless in the kitchen at Living Word Mesa.

Phoenix Rescue Mission Hope Coach

Hope Coach
Thursday, August 24, 10:30am – 1:00pm
Chaplain Cliff with the Hope Coach from Phoenix Rescue Mission will pick us up from Living Word Mesa and we will visit some local Mesa parks and streets handing out lunches while spreading the Word.

witnessing

Evangelism Community Outreach
Saturday, August 26, 8:30am – 10:30am
Our team will share the love of Jesus Christ through witnessing to others. So meet us to get prayed up and go out to reach the lost, addicted, afflicted and the poor for JESUS. We invite you to join us in making a difference

September

United Blood Services

United Blood Drive
Sunday, September 10, 8am-12pm
Must schedule your appointment on-line. Mobile blood bus on-site. 80% of the blood donations are collected at mobile blood drives set up at community organizations, companies, high schools, colleges, places of worship or military installations. The remaining 20% are collected at donation centers. So help be part of that 80%.